January 13, 2005

Don't worry about those tsunami victims. For only $200,000, you could have the time of your bloated opulent life with the Mandarin Oriental's Dubya Coronation special. You get flown in on a private jet to a 3,500-square-foot presidential suite. They will outfit you and your squeeze in regal fashion for the balls, treat you and seven friends to dinner, and chauffeur you around town in a Maybach luxury sedan. Not your style? How about the $10,000 a night "President for the Day" package which includes actors hired to pose as Secret Service agents. Come on, Mr. and Mrs. Millionaire, you know you want to go. You could pay for a 5 night stay with just your tax rebate check from the Bush administration.

A Canadian researcher has invented a new flexible plastic solar cell that is said to be five times more efficient than current methods in converting energy from the sun into electrical energy. Soon, your shirt will power your Ipod.

68% of regular fliers oppose lifting the ban on airborne cellphone use. I think you are probably already familiar with the other 32%.

Check out these neat miniature paintings on 1 dollar bills by Kamiel Proost. (via BoingBoing)

Posted @ 2:49 PM | Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Technorati Profile

Listed on BlogShares
Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama